P0104 - MASS AIR FLOW MAF CIRCUIT INTERMITTENT
Description of DTC code P0104
DTC code P0104 OBD2 is stored when the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor circuit is malfunctioning. This sensor is used to measure the density and volume of air entering the engine. It is worth mentioning that this sensor only measures a part of the air and this value is used to calculate the density and the total volume that is ingested.
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) receives this information from the MAF sensor, and other parameters, to ensure proper fuel delivery at a given time. In this way, the optimum power is achieved and the engine fuel is more efficient.
Symptoms of fault code P0104
- Check Engine light on.
- Difficulty starting.
- Stagnation after starting.
- Sudden engine running.
- Black smoke expelled by the exhaust.
Causes of OBD2 P0104
The factors leading to the establishment of the fault code P0104 OBDII are:
- Intake air may leak.
- Faulty MAF sensor cables or connectors.
- The MAF sensor may be contaminated.
- defective MAF
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0104
Before the diagnostic code P0104 OBD2 you must do the following for its correction:
- Perform a query to see if there are Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Inspect the Mass Air Flow sensor cables and connectors.
- Make sure there is no wear, corrosion or other characteristic that affects its correct operation, repair or change.
- Make sure there are no intake air leaks. If this is the case, repair it.
- Check the air filter. If it is dirty, replace it.
- Carefully clean the MAF
- Use an automotive scanner to monitor the real-time values of the MAF
- Replace the MAF