P00AF - TURBOCHARGER / SUPERCHARGER BOOST CONTROL "A" MODULE PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code P00AF Generic
The energy generated by the engine or exhaust pulses is used in a forced induction system to achieve an increase in the amount of air that can be introduced. In these systems, the intake pressures change and need to be adjusted to the different power requirements. For this reason, manufacturers use a boost control valve, which monitors and controls the Engine Control Module (ECM) to check that the air-fuel mixture is suitable.
The P00AF OBDII fault code is set when the ECM finds a performance problem in the operation of the Boost Control Module A.
Symptoms of fault code P00AF Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
- Power levels are low or erratic.
- Decreased throttle response.
- Difficulty driving uphill.
- The fail-safe mode is activated.
Causes of OBD2 P00AF Generic
Reasons for setting the P00AF OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The boost control solenoid may be faulty.
- Possibly there is a high resistance due to corroded connectors.
- The circuit may have bad wiring causing a short.
- There could be exhaust leaks.
- The loader vanes may have an excessive amount of soot on them, causing wrong boost levels.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P00AF Generic
To troubleshoot the DTC P00AF OBDII code problems, try this:
- Check the TSB to start the diagnosis. Also, we remind you that in the diagnosis of the forced induction system, you must be careful because of the high temperatures generated by it.
- Locate the boost control solenoid, and check that it is mechanically working properly. Check with great caution if you can manually move the solenoid lever.
- Check that the circuit has no loose connectors due to the presence of water. Likewise, check that the electrical connections are suitable. Make the necessary repairs.
- Check wires leading to the solenoid for damage from extreme temperatures. Repair or replace as necessary.