P0094 - SMALL LEAK DETECTED IN THE FUEL SYSTEM
Description of DTC code P0094 Generic
DTC P0094 OBDII code setting means that the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has detected a decrease in fuel pressure. The PCM is programmed to monitor fuel pressure, noting that fuel pressure varies by manufacturer. It is worth mentioning that this code is normally stored on diesel engine vehicles.
Low-pressure fuel is pumped from the tank to the high-pressure injector pump by means of a supply pump, which is connected to the rail or inside the fuel tank.
To monitor the fuel system, the PCM uses fuel pressure sensors. These are placed at strategic points in the fuel supply system. There is one sensor for each segment of the system.
If the PCM detects that the fuel system pressure does not match the programmed specifications for a set time, this code will be stored.
Symptoms of fault code P0094 Generic
- Check Engine light comes on.
- Strong fuel odor.
- Engine power decreases.
- Other fuel system codes may be set.
Causes of OBD2 P0094 Generic
The causes of the P0094 OBD2 fault code are as follows:
- The fuel filter could be clogged.
- The Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor may be faulty.
- The fuel pressure regulator may be damaged.
- The fuel system could be leaking.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0094 Generic
To resolve the faults associated with the P0094 OBDII error code you should consider the following:
- Check if there are Technical Service Bulletins applicable to your vehicle.
- Inspect fuel lines and other components for leaks. Repair such leaks.
- Check to wire associated with the system. Replace any of these components that are in bad condition.
- With an automotive scanner observe the fuel readings. Compare these actual readings with those specified by the manufacturer. If the pressure is not within those specifications, use the fuel gauge to pressure test the system.
- Check the resistance of the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. If the resistance does not meet the manufacturer's specifications, replace it.