P0093 - FUEL SYSTEM LARGE LEAK DETECTED
Description of DTC code P0093
The setting of DTC code P0093 OBD2 indicates that the ECM (Engine Control Module) has detected a fuel exhaust in the high pressure part of the motor. When the engine is running, the ECM monitors the fuel and fuel pressure that goes from the injector pump to all the injectors.
When the ECM detects a considerable and a sudden decrease in fuel pressure in the system, it establishes this diagnostic code. Said fall must be external, internal or a wrong signal by a sensor to the Engine Control Module. When this occur, you enter the safety mode, then you stop the work of the fuel injector pump and it will take a minute for the engine to turn off. The motor can be turned off in any time and regardless of the speed. It may work again, but you must correct the problem.
Symptoms of fault code P0093
- Illuminated Malfunction Lamp.
- The motor enters the security mode and can be turned off in a minute.
- Power loss above idle.
- Little fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P0093
The reasons that lead to the establishment of the P0093 OBDII diagnostic code are:
- Possible fuel tank leaks.
- Oxidized fuel lines, causing leaks.
- The fuel filter may leak due to poor installation.
- Seals of defective injectors, causing leaks.
- Hoses related to the fuel system, cracked or defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0093
Before the fault code P0093 OBD2 you must do the following for its correct correction:
- With the engine off, inspect the fuel tank. Look for fuel leaks in the engine and the tank, repair if you find defects.
- Check the oil level. if the fuel is contaminated, it is a sign that a fuel injector has failed. Change the oil and the filter.
- Look for leaks in the injector pump and continue in the fuel pipes to the fuel injector rail. Verify the injectors, as they may leak.
- Check the connector of the Fuel Pressure Sensor and check that in the combustible there is no fuel. Repair the cables if you find defects in them or, if necessary change the sensor.
- Replace defective fuel lines.
- Change fuel hoses that are in poor condition.
- You can change the fuel rail.