P0075 - INTAKE VALVE CONTROL SOLENOID CIRCUIT (BANK 1)
Description of DTC code P0075
In vehicles that are equipped with the Variable Distribution System (VVT) the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is responsible for controlling the position of the camshaft, as it regulates the engine oil by means of a control solenoid.
The solenoid is controlled by a Modulated Pulse Width (PWC) signal sent from the PCM. If this signal at a given time is outside the specifications, or the signal is intermittent the DTC code P0075 OBDII is stored.
This code refers to bank 1, this is the side of the engine where cylinder 1 is.
Symptoms of fault code P0075
- The Check Engine light is illuminated.
- Deficiencies in acceleration.
- Poor fuel economy.
Causes of OBD2 P0075
The factors leading to the configuration of diagnostic code P0075 OBD2 are:
- A bad connection in the cable harness.
- Corroded terminals.
- A short circuit to ground or power supply.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0075
To fix the faults that relate to error code P0075 OBDII you must do the following:
- Check the wiring harness for points of burn, wear or corrosion. Also make sure the connections are tight. If damage is found, replace the defective component.
- Make sure there is less than one ohm in the cables. Otherwise, the cable is damaged.
- Check the voltage of the solenoid. Compare the results with the manufacturer's specifications and if they are not listed you should proceed to repair.