P0058 - HO2S HEATER CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH (BANK 2)
Description of DTC code P0058
The Oxygen (O2) Sensor determines the oxygen content in the exhaust system. Besides that, the oxygen sensors monitor the performance of the catalytic converter (TWC).
These sensors also have a heater because they need to reach an operating temperature of at least 750° to produce the right voltage. Both the sensor and the heater have 2 wires. This circuit is constantly monitored by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module).
In case the PCM finds a not normal high voltage condition in the heater circuit, the DTC P0058 OBDII will be established. Take into account this code only refers to half of the O2 Sensor heater circuits. Also, the problem is with sensor 2 on bank 2.
Symptoms of fault code P0058
- Check Engine light ON.
- Generally, no other driving problems are perceived to be related to this code.
Causes of OBD2 P0058
Reasons to set the P0058 OBD2 fault code:
- There may be a short in the heater's voltage or ground circuit, causing the voltage to be higher than expected.
- Maybe an internal short has occurred in the Oxygen Sensor.
- The O2 Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0058
To resolve faults related to the P0058 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- Check the wires of the Oxygen Sensor 2 on bank 2. If you notice wires with wear or corrosion, you should repair them. Besides, if the sensor is damaged, it should be replaced. Note that the wires should have an appropriate distance from the exhaust components.
- Disconnect the O2 Sensor and verify there are 12 volts in the battery circuit. Also, check for good ground. Measure the resistance and, if it is infinite, the Oxygen Sensor should be replaced.