P003A - TURBOCHARGER / SUPERCHARGER BOOST CONTROL "A" POSITION EXCEEDED LEARNING LIMIT
Description of DTC code P003A
In forced induction systems, it is necessary to vary and adjust the intake pressures according to power requirements. For this reason, manufacturers use a direct boost control valve or solenoid that is directly controlled by the Engine Control Module. The ECM checks that the air-fuel mixture is appropriate. To achieve this, it adjusts the vanes on the charger, which regulates the amount of boost into the chamber.
The DTC P003A OBDII code is set when the ECM detects that the position of the booster control arm "A" is not within the range allowed by the manufacturer.
Symptoms of fault code P003A
- Check Engine light ON.
- Engine power levels are remarkably low.
- Problems during acceleration.
- The fail-safe mode is activated.
Causes of OBD2 P003A
The P003A OBD2 diagnostic code is set for one or more of the following reasons:
- The booster control valve or solenoid may be in poor condition.
- The circuit may have high levels of corrosion on the connector terminals.
- Possibly there are wires with burned or worn spots that cause a short in the circuit.
- The loader vanes may have excessive soot causing out-of-range boost levels.
- Exhaust leaks may be present.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P003A
To troubleshoot the P003A OBDII fault code, consider the following suggestions:
- First, it is necessary to check the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins). The information contained in them will be very useful for diagnosis.
- Locate the boost control solenoid, and check if it is possible to move the solenoid levers. When performing this check, you must be careful not to be too invasive and cause damage to the other components. If everything goes right, continue to the next step.
- Check that the cables related to the boost control solenoid are not damaged due to high temperatures. Likewise, check the connectors for corrosion. Repair if necessary.
- Verify that there is no water in the control module connections. If so, you should go to a specialized service center for the respective diagnosis of the module.