P0026 - INTAKE VALVE CONTROL SOLENOID CIRCUIT RANGE / PERFORMANCE (BANK 1)
Description of DTC code P0026
The DTC P0026 OBDII means the Engine Control Module (ECM) has found some problems with the VVT (Variable Valve Timing System) control.
The camshafts are regulated by hydraulic actuators in those cars that have the VVT system. These actuators are powered by the engine oil system through solenoids, which are controlled by the ECM.
If the ECM detects that the camshaft range of motion of bank 1 is out of range or is not running after being commanded to run, this code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P0026
- Check Engine light ON.
- Deficiencies when accelerating.
- Fuel efficiency decreases.
Causes of OBD2 P0026
The P0026 OBD2 diagnostic code is set due to the following reasons:
- A low oil level.
- The oil system may have clogging elements.
- The control solenoid may be damaged.
- Incorrect timing chain adjustment.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0026
To troubleshoot faults caused by the P0026 OBDII fault code, follow these suggestions:
- Perform an oil pressure test to verify that the oil pressure is within specifications. If it is not within specifications, find the problem and repair it.
- Check the continuity of the control solenoid.
- Check the condition of all the related cables and connectors. If you find defects such as burnt, worn, or bad wires, replace them. Check also the continuity and presence of the reference voltage.