P0025 - "B" CAMSHAFT POSITION - TIMING OVER RETARDED (BANK 2)
Description of DTC code P0025 Generic
DTC P0025 OBDII indicates that the Engine Control Module (ECM) has found that the cam timing for bank 2 is retarded.
Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is a system that allows the engine to obtain increased power and efficiency at different operating points. In this case, if this timing is excessively delayed, this code illuminates next to the Check Engine lamp.
Symptoms of fault code P0025 Generic
- MIL light illuminates.
- Difficult or impossible to start.
- Engine stalls.
- Excessive exhaust emissions.
Causes of OBD2 P0025 Generic
The factors for which the P0025 OBD2 error code is set are as follows:
- This code is set if there is incorrect cam timing.
- The wiring harness related to the solenoid that controls the intake timing valve may be damaged.
- Possibly the control solenoid is in poor condition.
- Perhaps there is a continuous oil flow into the piston chamber.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0025 Generic
To troubleshoot the faults related to the P0025 OBDII fault code you must do the following:
- Verify that the necessary resistance and ground are present in the circuits related to the system.
- Verify that in each terminal of the connectors there is reading between 7-12 ohm. If it is not within this range, it should be replaced.
- Clean and tighten the harness terminals from the solenoid to the ECM.
- Replace the intake timing valve.