P0024 - "B" CAMSHAFT POSITION - TIMING OVER - ADVANCED OR SYSTEM PERFORMANCE (BANK 2)
Description of DTC code P0024
The DTC code P0024 OBDII has to do with the Valve Variable Timing (VVT). This is a system used in engines to obtain greater power at different operating points.
If the cam timing is above a limit set by the manufacturer, the Check Engine light is illuminated and this code is set. Usually, the cause of this code is a lack of oil lubrication.
Symptoms of fault code P0024
- MIL (Engine Malfunction) light on.
- Lowers fuel efficiency
- Engine stalling.
Causes of OBD2 P0024
The reasons for setting the fault code P0024 OBD2 are
- Incorrect timing of the camshaft
- Problems in the electrical system of the timing valve control solenoid.
- Oil pass to the piston chamber.
- The valve control solenoid may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0024
The steps to solve the problems caused by the error code P0024 OBDII are the following:
- Change the oil and filter if the viscosity is not good.
- Perform a visual inspection of all electrical connections. Also, check the condition of the oil control valve, if you find problems with any of them, you should change them.