P0020 - “A” CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR CIRCUIT (BANK 2)
Description of DTC code P0020 Generic
Diagnostic code P0020 OBD2 refers to the Variable Distribution System (VVT) components as well as the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The engine use the VVT (Variable Valve Timing), and this allows it to have more power at different points of operation.
The Variable Valve Timing system consists of the OCV (Oil Control Valve) and its other components. Basically, when this DTC code is established, it means that the voltage in the circuit has fallen and is below the programmed limit for a specific time; it should be noted that there is the variation of limit and time according to each brand. When bank number 2 is mentioned, it refers to the side of the engine that does not have cylinder number 1.
Symptoms of fault code P0020 Generic
- The Check Engine service light comes on.
- When you start the engine you may have difficulty.
- You may notice that the engine loses power.
- At idle the engine is unsteady.
Causes of OBD2 P0020 Generic
The problems for setting the P0020 code can be:
- There may be a short circuit in the Variable Distribution System (VVT) circuit.
- Perhaps the Oil Control Valve (OCV) is shorted.
- It is possible that the Oil Control Valve (OCV) is defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0020 Generic
To solve the P0020 diagnostic code OBDII you can verify the following:
- Inspect the cables and connectors of the Variable Distribution System (VVT) circuit located in bank number 2. In case of inconsistency in one of its components, it will proceed to repair it. And if necessary change one of these.
- Visually check the electrical connectors and cables of the Oil Control Valve (OCV). Repair or replace as necessary.
- The Oil Control Valve (OCV) must have a resistance ranging from 6.9 to 7.9 ohms.