P0019 - CRANKSHAFT POSITION - CAMSHAFT POSITION CORRELATION (BANK 2 SENSOR B)
Description of DTC code P0019
The CMP Sensor (Camshaft Position Sensor) and the CKP Sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor) work together to monitor fuel delivery and timing. Both sensors consist of a reluctor ring that rotates over a magnetic sensor. The magnetic sensor generates voltage and shows the position of each sensor.
The CMP Sensor signal is used by the vehicle's computer to identify the start of the injector sequence. The signal from the CKP Sensor detects the position of the crankshaft relays and controls the spark timing. These sensors are linked by a timing belt or chain. For this reason, it is necessary that both the cam and the crank are precisely synchronized.
Symptoms of fault code P0019
- Check Engine light ON.
- Reduced engine performance.
- The engine may not start.
Causes of OBD2 P0019
Reasons for setting the P0019 OBD2 fault code :
- The CMP or CKP sensor may be defective.
- The crankshaft or cam circuit may be shorted.
- The timing belt or chain may be out of time.
- The cam or crankshaft ring may be broken.
- Problems in the VVT system.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0019
To troubleshoot the problems caused by the P0019 OBDII error code, try this:
- Check the cam and the CMP and CKP Sensors. Make sure the cables are in good condition. Repair if you find problems.
- Inspect the tone rings for proper alignment. Check that the rings are not loose or faulty. If there are no problems with the rings, you should replace the sensor.
- Verify that the timing chain is aligned correctly. If it is misaligned, check if there is a tensioner in bad condition. Also, check that the chain is not stretched. Replace it if necessary.