P0014 - "B" CAMSHAFT POSITION - TIMING OVER-ADVANCED OR SYSTEM PERFORMANCE (BANK 1)
Description of DTC code P0014
Diagnostic code P0014 refers to the system VVT (Variable Synchronization of Valves) or VCT (Variable Cam Timing) and to the PCM (Power Train Control Module).
The VVT system (Variable Valve Timing) is used in the motors so that the power in different points of operation is the most optimal.
When the DTC code P0014 OBD2 is set indicates that the timing of the camshaft is above the set limit, that is, it is over advanced. In addition, it indicates that the fault is in bank number 1, this corresponds to the side of the engine where cylinder 1 is located. While the camshaft "B" is the right or rear camshaft. To determine that, it is taken from the position of the driver's seat.
Symptoms of fault code P0014
- Check Engine light on.
- Difficulty starting the engine.
- Instability in the operation of the engine.
- Increase fuel consumption.
- Failures in emissions tests.
Causes of OBD2 P0014
If the fault code P0014 OBD II has been established, it means that one or more of the following problems has occurred:
- The timing of the Camshaft may be incorrect.
- Cables or connectors of the inlet valve control solenoid system may be defective.
- Perhaps there is a continuous flow to the VCT system piston chamber (Variable Cam Timing).
- Valve control solenoid may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0014
When establishing the diagnostic code P0014 you can do the following to solve it:
- Check the oil level. Also, the state of it. If necessary, change it. You must also replace the filter.
- Check all cables related to the oil control valve of the exhaust camshaft. If you find defects in one of these electrical components, proceed to make the necessary repairs. If necessary, change any of these.
- Change the oil control valve of the Camshaft.