P0011 - CAMSHAFT POSITION TIMING “A” OVER-ADVANCED OR SYSTEM PERFORMANCE BANK 1
Description of DTC code P0011
This diagnostic code is applied to the VVT (Variable Valve Timing), a technology that is used in the engines, with the aim that this has a greater power and its efficiency is adjusted to the different points of operation. Specifically, this code refers to the synchronization of the camshaft, and indicates that it is above the expected limit. When this happens, the ECM (Engine Control module) sets the fault code P0011 OBD2.
Symptoms of fault code P0011
- The Check Engine light comes on.
- Difficulty when starting the engine.
- Power loss.
- Combustion may be poor.
Causes of OBD2 P0011
The problems that can lead to the establishment of diagnostic code P0011 can be:
- The oil may be dirty.
- The circuit of the Variable Valve Timing (VVT) may be short-circuited.
- The OCV (Oil Control Valve) valve may be shorted.
- The timing of the VVT (Variable Valve Timing) may be incorrect.
- Perhaps the Oil Control Valve (OCV) may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0011
To solve the code P0011 you can do the following:
- Check the valve and make sure it is in good condition, as should its connections.
- The valve cables may be touching a component, so it is necessary to check it. Change if warranted.
- With a scan tool, verify that the valve works correctly.
- Check the resistance of the valve to check its condition.
- You can change the valve.