P0010 - "A" CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR CIRCUIT (BANK 1)
Description of DTC code P0010 Generic
The CMP sensor (Camshaft Position Sensor) is connected to the camshaft and it works hydraulically, with the aim of changing the angle of the camshaft in relation to the position of the CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensor).
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) sends a signal to the solenoid of the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP), which is modulated at 12 volts wide. The solenoid controls the amount of motor oil flow to an actuator of the CMP (Camshaft Position Sensor), this actuator can in turn change the angle of the camshaft to a maximum of 25 degrees.
When the voltage in the circuit drops below the set limit, for a specific amount of time (something that varies depending on the brand, engine and model), you get the DTC code P0010. This code refers to bank 1 that corresponds to the side of the engine that has cylinder 1.
Symptoms of fault code P0010 Generic
- The Check Engine light is on.
- There is difficulty when starting the engine.
- Motor running is unstable.
Causes of OBD2 P0010 Generic
- The oil may be dirty.
- Low oil level.
- The CMP solenoid (Camshaft Position Sensor) may be defective.
- The cables and respective connectors of the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) may be shorted.
- There could be a bad electrical connection in the CMP circuit (Camshaft Position Sensor).
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0010 Generic
- Carefully check in bank 1, the wiring of the VVT circuit (Variable Valve Timing). Repair or change if necessary.
- Check that the cables and connectors of the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) circuit are not defective. Change if necessary.