P000B - "B" CAMSHAFT POSITION SLOW RESPONSE BANK 1
Description of DTC code P000B
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the actual position response in a target position change. The function of the camshaft is to open and close the intake and exhaust valves as it rotates within the engine.
The P000B OBDII diagnostic code is set when the PCM detects the camshaft position change is below the expected levels, indicating a sluggish response. This code refers to circuit "B" on bank 1. This is the side of the engine containing cylinder number 1. The "B" indicates that the camshaft is in charge of opening the exhaust valves.
Symptoms of fault code P000B
- Check Engine light ON.
- Reduced fuel consumption.
- Low engine power output.
Causes of OBD2 P000B
The P000B OBD2 fault code is set for the following reasons:
- The fuel cap may not be properly tightened.
- The circuit wiring connector may have some damage.
- The engine oil may not be at the proper level, or the hydraulic passages may be clogged.
- The oil pump may be defective.
- The timing chain or its tensioner may be worn.
- The Camshaft Position Sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P000B
To troubleshoot the DTC P000B OBDII code, try this:
- Start with a visual inspection of the wiring harness. Check the wiring harness for signs of damage or corrosion. Repair or replace the defective cables or connectors.
- Verify that the engine oil level is right. Also, check the hydraulic passages for blockages. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Check the oil pump. Check that it is in good condition. Replace it if you determine that it is faulty.
- Check the timing chain, tensioner, and guides for damage. Make any necessary corrections.
- Check the camshafts and crankshaft for proper timing. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Uses a DVOM to perform an endurance test on the Camshaft Position Sensor. Compare the results with the manufacturer's specifications. If the sensor resistance values do not match, replace the sensor.