P0008 - ENGINE POSITIONS SYSTEM PERFORMANCE BANK 1
Description of DTC code P0008 Generic
The storage of DTC code P0008 OBD2 means that the Engine Control Module (ECM) found a variation in the mechanical timing that must be present between the crankshaft and the camshaft of bank 1.
The engine computer relies on sensor information to detect the position of the crankshaft and camshaft. With these voltage signals, ignition timing and fuel timing are controlled at various engine speeds and loads.
Symptoms of fault code P0008 Generic
- Lighting Check Engine.
- Difficulties during acceleration.
- Increased fuel consumption.
- Reduced engine power.
Causes of OBD2 P0008 Generic
The reasons for setting the problem code P0008 OBDII are:
- The distribution chain may be stretched.
- Maybe the crankshaft's cogwheel is moved.
- The tensor of the distribution chain could be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0008 Generic
When you set the diagnostic code P0008 OBD2, you must do the following to correct it:
- Check the corresponding TSBs for your vehicle model.
- If there are other diagnostic codes, you will need to repair those codes.
- Inspect the distribution chain and tensioners. These may be worn or misaligned. Make the respective adjustments and if necessary, replace the component.
- Check that the crank wheel has no damaged teeth and is in the right position.
- It performs voltage tests on system-related circuits and sensors. Besides, check cables and connectors for damage. Repair or replace as necessary.