P0007 - FUEL SHUTOFF VALVE "A" CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
Description of DTC code P0007 Generic
The ECM uses the Fuel Shut-Off Valve to prevent fuel from entering the engine after the vehicle is turned off. This prevents the engine from running once the key is turned off. This valve is located on the fuel supply rail.
DTC P0007 OBDII is set when the ECM (Engine Control Module) is not receiving the correct signals from the fuel shut-off valve.
Symptoms of fault code P0007 Generic
- Check Engine Lamp illumination.
- Even if the key is turned off, the engine may continue to run.
- The engine may not start.
- Engine stalls at idle.
Causes of OBD2 P0007 Generic
The reasons for setting the P0007 OBD2 diagnostic code are as follows:
- The valve connector could have been damaged.
- The wires leading to the ECM may have defects.
- The fuel shut-off valve may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0007 Generic
To solve the problems caused by the P0007 OBDII fault code you should do the following:
- Inspect the connectors and wiring for damage. If you find problems such as burns or rubbing you should replace the component.
- Check the ignition switch and the fuel pump shut-off solenoid with a multimeter. Check if the voltage, resistance, and ground values are as required for the proper functioning of the system, and replace the solenoid.
- Replace the fuel pump.
Simply replacing the fuel pressure shut-off valve does not guarantee a successful repair and can be very costly and labor-intensive. It can be caused by several other components in the electrical system and wiring as listed above or even more. Visual inspection and testing with the above equipment will verify your problem before replacing the fuel shutoff valve unnecessarily. A lot of people have spent hundreds of dollars replacing this valve only to find out that the problem was just a broken wire.