P0003 - FUEL VOLUME REGULATOR CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P0003
One component of the high-pressure fuel system is the fuel pump. It raises the fuel pressure until it reaches the pressure required in the rail, which is necessary for the injectors. It should be noted these pumps have a low-pressure part and a high-pressure part in addition to the FVR (Fuel Volume Regulator), which controls the pressure.
The OBDII DTC P0003 is related to the electrical part of the fuel regulator system. It is set due to the electrical reading being lower than expected.
Symptoms of fault code P0003
- Check Engine ON.
- The vehicle may not start.
- Loss of engine power.
Causes of OBD2 P0003
The P0003 OBD2 fault code is stored due to the following reasons:
- Possibly the FVR solenoid has failed.
- The Fuel Volume Regulator could have an electrical problem due to shorted, corroded, or worn wiring.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0003
To troubleshoot the P0003 OBDII error code, try this:
- Review the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Perform a visual inspection of the wiring and connectors that belong to the VRF Look for obvious shortcomings such as broken or burned wires. Fix if necessary.
- Replace the FVR.