P0002 - FUEL VOLUME REGULATOR CONTROL CIRCUIT RANGE / PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code P0002
This fault code is related to the electrical system of the fuel volume regulator. These systems consist of the fuel tank, fuel pump, lines, filter, and injectors.
The high-pressure fuel pump aims to increase the fuel pressure required for the fuel rail and injectors. Besides, these particular pumps have both, a low-pressure side and a high-pressure side, and of course, these pumps have a fuel volume regulator to control the pressure. The DTC code P0002 OBDII means that an electrical reading has been detected which is out of range.
Symptoms of fault code P0002
- Check Engine light on.
- The vehicle won't start.
- Remarkable lack of energy.
Causes of OBD2 P0002
The diagnostic code P0002 OBD2 is set when:
- Cables related to the Fuel Volume Regulator (FVR) may have defects.
- The FVR solenoid may be in bad shape.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0002
To solve the faults caused by the fault code P0002 OBDII, you must do this:
- Find the respective Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for your vehicle.
- Check all cables and connectors in the fuel volume control circuit. If you find corrosion or worn cables, you should make the necessary repairs. Change any of the components if necessary.
- Check for proper voltage and grounding. Compare with the manufacturer's specifications and if they do not match, you should make the repairs.
- The FRV (Fuel Volume Regulator) has two wires that return to the For this reason, you should not apply the battery voltage directly to the wires. If you do it, it could cause severe damage to the system.
- Change the fuel regulator valve.