C1505 - DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL LEFT REAR VALVE MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C1505
Stability control, also known as Electronic Stability Program (ESP), is a technological system used in vehicles to help maintain vehicle stability and prevent loss of traction. Once this system detects various levels of loss of steering control, the brakes are automatically applied to steer the vehicle where the driver intends to go. On certain models, the system also reduces engine power to improve cornering performance and minimize loss of control. Automatic braking can be applied to individual wheels or to all wheels in general.
The ABS module (Anti-lock Braking System) is responsible for controlling the left rear Stability Control valve. If this valve malfunctions, the fault code C1505 OBDII will be set.
Symptoms of fault code C1505
- Check Engine light comes on.
- ABS light comes on.
Causes of OBD2 C1505
The reasons for setting the C1505 OBD2 diagnostic code are:
- The valve circuit may have damage to its wiring or connectors.
- The electrical connections of the Stability Control left rear valve circuit may be faulty.
- The Stability Control left rear valve may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1505
In order to troubleshoot the DTC C1505 OBDII code consider the following:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins), which offer direct guidance from the manufacturer during the proper diagnosis.
- Inspect the respective electrical components of the left rear valve circuit. Look for damage caused by burns, wear, or corrosion and repair as required.
- Perform voltage checks to the valve circuit and compare the readings obtained with those specified in the service manual. If you obtain an out-of-range value, make the necessary corrections.
- If after performing the checks or subsequent repairs mentioned above you still get the C1505 OBDII code, it is necessary to check that the valve is in good condition. If not, you will need to replace it.