C1433 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1433 Code failures by brands
C1433 LEXUS, TOYOTA, SCION: STEERING ANGLE SENSOR INTERNAL CIRCUIT PROBLEM
Description of DTC code C1433
The Steering Angle Sensor has the function of measuring the speed at which the steering wheel turns, as well as the steering wheel position angle. Generally, the location of this device is on the steering column and becomes an important part of the Electronic Stability Control (ESC System).
The information from the Steering Angle Sensor is sent to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Slip Control through the Control Area Network (CAN) communication system. If erratic operation occurs in such a communication system, the steering angle sensor point fault diagnosis function detects it.
DTC C1433 OBD2 is stored by the Slip Control ECU when, after monitoring the Steering Angle Sensor, it is detected that the Steering Angle Sensor has experienced a malfunction in its internal circuitry.
Symptoms of fault code C1433
- Check Engine light illuminates.
- ABS warning lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C1433
The reasons for the C1433 OBDII fault code are as follows:
- Steering Angle Sensor wiring may be in poor condition.
- Steering Angle Sensor circuit electrical connections could be faulty.
- The Steering Angle Sensor power supply or the sensor in question may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1433
To troubleshoot diagnostic code C1433 OBD2 you must do the following:
- As a first step consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the steering angle sensor circuit wires and verify that they are not damaged by burns or wear. Correct as required.
- Verify the integrity of the Steering Angle Sensor circuit connections. Measure and compare actual voltages to specified voltages. Note that, in most cases, this code is due to an open or shorted circuit, so pay close attention to the condition of the connections. If deficiencies are found, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Following the manufacturer's guidelines, check the condition of the Steering Angle Sensor. If you determine that this device is damaged, proceed with the necessary corrections.