C1405 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1405 Code failures by brands
C1405 LEXUS, TOYOTA, SCION: RIGHT FRONT SPEED SENSOR OPEN OR SHORT CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code C1405
Wheel Speed Sensors, also known as ABS Sensors, are an essential part of the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). These sensors are installed on the wheels and their function is to check the speed at which each wheel rotates and then transmit this data to the ABS Control Module.
It is through the Anti-lock Braking System that the car is prevented from skidding or sliding after applying the brakes. During the braking of the car, the ABS, taking into account the information provided by the wheel speed sensors, sends the necessary pressure to each wheel in order to prevent the locking of the wheels.
C1405 OBDII fault code relates to a problem detected with a Wheel Speed Sensor. Specifically, the code indicates that the sensor circuit for the right front wheel is open or shorted.
Symptoms of fault code C1405
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- ABS fault warning light illuminates.
Causes of OBD2 C1405
The reasons for the C1405 OBD2 diagnostic code setting are:
- Right Front Speed Sensor wires may be in poor condition.
- Front Speed Sensor Right circuit may have poor electrical connections.
- The Front Speed Sensor Right could have damage.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1405
The steps to follow to resolve DTC C1405 OBDII code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the wires related to the Right Front Speed Sensor and check them for wear and tear or burnt damage. If you discover any of these deficiencies, make the appropriate corrections.
- Measure the right front speed sensor circuit voltages and compare the values obtained with those specified by the manufacturer. Considering that the code shows that there is an open or shorted circuit, check that it is not caused by poor connections. Repair it as necessary.
- Considering the recommendations given by the manufacturer, check the Front Speed Sensor Right for damage. If after performing these checks you find that the sensor does not meet the requirements, you should consider replacing it.