C1401 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1401 Code failures by brands
C1401 TOYOTA, SCION, LEXUS: RIGHT FRONT SPEED SENSOR FAULT
Description of DTC code C1401
The speed sensor has the function of detecting the speed of the wheels and then providing this data via electrical signals to the slip control ECU, which uses this information to control the brakes. Rotors located on the sensors have rows of N and S magnetic poles, which are alternated. The magnetic fields change as the rotors rotate. Each sensor detects the magnetic change and provides a pulse signal to the slip control ECU.
Storage of diagnostic code C1401 OBD2 occurs when a fault is detected in the Right Front Speed Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code C1401
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- ABS trouble light illuminates.
Causes of OBD2 C1401
The reasons for storing the C1401 OBDII fault code are as follows:
- Right Front Speed Sensor circuit wires could be faulty.
- Right Front Speed Sensor circuit connections may be in poor condition.
- The Front Speed Sensor Right rotor may have been damaged.
- Front Speed Sensor Right may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1401
To troubleshoot DTC C1401 OBD2 you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins as a first step.
- Check the wiring related to the Right Front Speed Sensor for wear and tear or burnout damage. If one of these conditions is discovered, proceed with any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Inspect the electrical connections to the Right Front Speed Sensor circuit and check them for deficiencies that cause inconsistencies. Correct it as applicable.
- Using the diagnostic steps outlined by the manufacturer, check the Right Front Speed Sensor for damage. If sensor deficiencies are found, consider a replacement.