C1268 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1268 Code failures by brands
C1268 CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC, BUICK: RIGHT REAR OUTLET VALVE SOLENOID MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C1268
The system relay receives power when the ignition switch is activated. This relay provides voltage to the valve solenoids and pumps the motor. The EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) microprocessor activates the solenoids by grounding the control circuit. It should be noted that the solenoid circuit is internal to the EBCM.
When the diagnostic code C1268 OBD2 is stored, it means that the state commanded by the controller and the actual state of the control circuit do not match.
Symptoms of fault code C1268
- Illumination of the Check Engine
- The ABS (Anti-Lock Brake System) fault warning light comes on.
Causes of OBD2 C1268
Reasons for storing the C1268 OBDII fault code:
- The Electronic Brake Control Module cables may be faulty.
- The electrical connections of the Electronic Brake Control Module circuit may be damaged.
- The EBCM may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1268
To troubleshoot DTC C1268 OBD2, try this:
- First, consult the TSBs.
- Check the good condition of the wiring related to the Electronic Brake Control Module. If you discover any conditions caused by wear or burns, make the required corrections.
- Use the appropriate tools, and perform electronic checks on the EBCM Verify if these values match those specified by the manufacturer. If you discover deficient voltages, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Check the good condition of the Electronic Brake Control Module. Take into account that this diagnosis has high levels of complexity, it is necessary to go to an advanced automotive center.