C1261 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1261 Code failures by brands
C1261 CADILLAC, GMC, CHEVROLET, BUICK: LEFT FRONT INLET VALVE SOLENOID MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C1261
The system relay is energized when the ignition switch is turned ON. This relay has the function of providing voltages to the valve solenoids as well as the pump motor. From the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) a microprocessor is responsible for energizing the solenoids when grounded in its control circuit.
The storage of DTC C1261 OBD2 occurs when the EBCM detects that the left front inlet valve solenoid has experienced erratic operation.
Symptoms of fault code C1261
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- The lamp indicating trouble in the Anti-Lock Brake System is illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C1261
C1261 OBDII fault code is set for the following reasons:
- The EBCM wiring may be deficient.
- The Electronic Brake Control Module may have bad electrical connections.
- The Electronic Brake Control Module could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1261
The steps to troubleshoot the C1261 OBD2 diagnostic code are:
- Consult as a first step the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check and verify that the Electronic Brake Control Module wiring is not damaged. In case of finding deficiencies due to burns or wear, make the corresponding repairs.
- Using the appropriate tools, verify that the Electronic Brake Control Module circuit meets the requirements for proper performance. If you discover voltages different from those specified in the service manual, proceed with the required corrections.
- Check the EBCM for damage. However, this is a very complex diagnosis, so we recommend that you go to an advanced automotive center.