C1260 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1260 Code failures by brands
C1260 HYUNDAI, KIA: STEERING ANGLE SENSOR CIRCUIT-SIGNAL
Description of DTC code C1260
The Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) is installed in the MDPS (Motor Driven Power Steering). This sensor sends messages to the HECU via the CAN communication line. With the data provided by this sensor, the steering direction and steering wheel speed are determined. The HECU uses the SAS signals when performing ESP-related calculations.
When the C1260 OBDII diagnostic code is stored, it is because some differences were detected in the signal sent by the Steering Angle Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code C1260
- Check Engine lamp ON.
- The ABS malfunction warning light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 C1260
Reasons to set the DTC C1260 OBD2:
- The Steering Angle Sensor wiring may be damaged.
- Steering Angle Sensor circuit connections may be in poor condition.
- The Steering Angle Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1260
To troubleshoot the C1260 OBDII fault code, try this:
- To start the diagnosis of the code, you should consult the Technical Service Bulletins. The problem may be known to the manufacturer, and in many cases, these bulletins show the solutions.
- Check the wiring associated with the Steering Angle Sensor for damage due to corrosion or burns. If one of these conditions is found, make repairs.
- Check the Steering Angle Sensor circuit for poor connections resulting in open or shorted circuits. Check connector terminals for damage and ensure that wiring has proper continuity. Repair if necessary.
- Following the manufacturer's recommendations, check the condition of the Steering Angle Sensor. If after performing these tests you discover damage to the sensor, consider replacing it.