C1259 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1259 Code failures by brands
C1259 LEXUS, TOYOTA: HV SYSTEM REGENERATIVE MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C1259
Slip Control ECU communicates with Hybrid Control ECU and regulates brake force taking regenerative control force into account. The Slip Control ECU is responsible for transmitting the enhanced VSC signal to the Hybrid Control ECU, and in turn, receives the operating signal from the Hybrid Control ECU. All this communication is carried out through the CAN bus.
When the C1259 OBDII fault code is stored, it means that an unstable operation was detected by the High Voltage System.
Symptoms of fault code C1259
- Check Engine light illuminates.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) warning lamp illumination.
Causes of OBD2 C1259
The reasons for which the C1259 OBD2 diagnostic code is set are:
- Hybrid Control System components may have been damaged.
- The Hybrid Control ECU may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1259
The steps to follow to correct the DTC C1259 OBDII code are as follows:
- As a first step consult the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Verify with an automotive scan tool if additional codes to C1259 are configured. If so, the diagnosis of these should be guided by the order you obtain.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for diagnosing Hybrid Control System components. Before performing any repairs to a controller, we recommend that you go to an advanced automotive center.