C1251 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1251 Code failures by brands
C1251 GMC, CHEVROLET, CADILLAC, BUICK: ROAD SENSING SUSPENSION INDICATES A MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C1251
The CVRSS (Continuously Variable Road-Sensing Suspension) calculates the normal force and accordingly provides an electrical signal to the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) via two dedicated data lines, being on the right and left. This controller supplies the starting voltage and with this information can detect road conditions where aggressive braking is required if the surface is uneven or rough
When the C1251 OBDII diagnostic code is stored it means that an erratic ABS/TCS operation was detected. This is an information code only.
Symptoms of fault code C1251
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Anti-Lock Brake System warning lamp illuminates.
Causes of OBD2 C1251
The reasons for setting the C1251 OBD2 fault code are:
- Anti-Lock Brake System or Stability Control System malfunctioning.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1251
To troubleshoot the DTC C1251 OBDII code you must do the following:
- As a first step consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Since the code is informative, we recommend that you verify all the stored codes employing a scanner, paying more attention to the failures related to the Antilock Wheel System and the Stability Control System. The diagnosis of these codes should be done following the order indicated in the tool.