C1246 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1246 Code failures by brands
C1246 TOYOTA, LEXUS, SCION: MASTER CYLINDER PRESSURE SENSOR MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C1246
The Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor and Wheel Cylinder Pressure Sensor are included with the Brake Actuator. The Slip Control ECU or Brake Actuator observes the Wheel Cylinder Pressure Sensor for proper performance.
When the C1246 OBD2 diagnostic code C1246 is stored, it is because erratic operation was detected by the Wheel Cylinder Pressure Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code C1246
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The ABS warning lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C1246
Reasons to set the C1246 OBDII fault code:
- The slip control ECU may have damage to its wiring.
- The slip control ECU circuit may have bad connections.
- The slip control ECU may be deficient.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1246
To solve the DTC C1246 OBD2 code, take into account the following suggestions:
- To begin the diagnosis, consult the Technical Service Bulletins. The manufacturer includes very useful information in these bulletins.
- Use an automotive scanner, check if additional DTCs to code C1246 are stored. If this is the case and the codes indicate problems with the ABS, diagnose them following the order shown by the tool.
- Check the slip control ECU circuit wiring and connections for damage due to corrosion, wear or burns. If any of these conditions are found, make the appropriate repairs.
- Verify that the slip control ECU circuit voltages match the values specified by the manufacturer on the data source. If voltages indicate an open or shorted circuit, repair if necessary.