C1213 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code C1213 Generic
The ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) is responsible for preventing one of the wheels from locking during brake application. To perform this action, the system has several sensors that are installed on the wheels, and it is through the information provided by these that the speed of the wheels is checked.
The ABS module determines whether conditions exist that could cause a lockup. To do this, it compares the speeds based on the information it receives from the speed sensors. If there is a risk of lock-up, the ABS is activated and the brake pressure is automatically reduced in order to bring the deficient wheel to a level that allows it to function properly.
The ABS module continuously checks the ABS front right dump valve. If an erratic operation caused by a short to ground is discovered, the DTC C1213 OBDII code will be stored.
Symptoms of fault code C1213 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
- Anti-Lock Brake System fault warning light illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C1213 Generic
C1213 OBD2 diagnostic code is set by the following:
- ABS Front Right Dump Valve wiring may have been damaged.
- The ABS Front Right Dump Valve circuit may be faulty.
- The ABS Front Right Dump Valve could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1213 Generic
In order to troubleshoot the C1213 OBDII fault code you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins as a first step.
- Check the cables related to the ABS Front Right Dump Valve and verify that they have no deficiencies. If wear or burns are found, proceed with the necessary adjustments.
- Measure the ABS Front Right Dump Valve circuit voltages and compare these readings with those specified in the vehicle's information source. Note that the code indicates that there is a short to ground, so pay special attention to this value. Repair it as applicable.
- Following the manufacturer's recommendations, check the ABS Front Right Dump Valve for damage. If you determine that the valve does not meet factory specifications, consider a replacement.