C1210 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1210 Code failures by brands
C1210 FORD, LINCOLN, MERCURY: ABS FRONT RIGHT DUMP VALVE CIRCUIT FAILURE
Description of DTC code C1210
The Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) prevents the vehicle's wheels from locking during braking, so the car's directional control is not lost. This system controls the braking process, using sensors installed on each wheel, adjust the rotational speed of the wheels.
The ECU calculates the average speed taking into account the data sent by these sensors. The different speeds are compared and thus it is determined whether there is a risk or threat of wheel lock-up. In this case, the ABS is activated and automatically reduces the brake pressure for the wheel presenting the situation until a pre-set level is reached, which is below the locking limit.
The ABS module constantly monitors the ABS right front dump valve. In case the valve does not meet factory specifications, the fault code C1210 OBD2 will be set.
Symptoms of fault code C1210
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The ABS warning lamp turns on.
Causes of OBD2 C1210
Reasons to store the DTC C1210 OBDII code:
- The ABS right front dump valve circuit wires or connectors may be damaged.
- The electrical connections in the ABS Right Front Dump Valve circuit may be faulty.
- The right front ABS dump valve may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1210
To troubleshoot the C1210 OBD2 diagnostic code C1210, try this:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check for deficiencies in the wiring of the ABS right front dump valve. If you discover situations caused by burns or wear, make the appropriate repairs.
- Measure the voltages in the ABS right front dump valve circuit. Compare the actual readings with those specified by the manufacturer. If you find out-of-range voltages, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Following the manufacturer's diagnostic steps, check the right front Anti-Lock Brake System Dump Valve for damage. If you determine that it is damaged, you may replace it.