C1206 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code C1206 Generic
When the wheel starts to rotate, an AC voltage is produced from the Wheel Speed Sensor and sent to the HECU (Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit), which uses it to calculate the speed. This information is transmitted by a control circuit.
The Chevrolet vehicle manufacturer points out that the C1206 OBD2 fault code configuration occurs when an electrical fault is detected from the HECU in the left rear wheel speed sensor circuit, where it has a short or open circuit. In certain cases, varying degrees of torque reduces the susceptibility to noise, also causing a DTC to be set.
Symptoms of fault code C1206 Generic
- Check Engine light on.
- ABS malfunction indicator
- Unable to use the Anti-lock Braking System.
Causes of OBD2 C1206 Generic
The factors that lead to the storage of the C1206 OBDII diagnostic code on Chevrolet's are:
- The electrical circuit could have damage to the wiring or connectors.
- There may be deficiencies in the electrical connections.
- Possibly the left rear wheel speed sensor has been damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1206 Generic
To fix DTC C1206 OBD2 Code on Chevrolet vehicles you must do the following:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Verify the good condition of all the wiring, connectors, and other electrical components of the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Repair any burnt wires or corroded connectors.
- Take resistance readings of the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor. For this check, one factor to take into consideration is the ambient temperature, which, if higher, will result in high resistance. If the resistance obtained differs from the manufacturer's specifications, replace the sensor.
- Consult the data source to check the performance of the Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit or HECU. If you discover an open or above specified resistance, make the appropriate corrections.