C1201 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1201 Code failures by brands
C1201 FORD, LINCOLN, MERCURY, MAZDA: ABS LEFT FRONT INLET VALVE COIL CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND.
C1201 DODGE, CHRYSLER, PLYMOUTH, JEEP, FIAT: FRONT TRACTION CONTROL INPUT VALVE CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW.
C1201 MITSUBISHI: INVALID RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL.
C1201 CHEVROLET: LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT RANGE OR PERFORMANCE.
C1201 TOYOTA, SCION, LEXUS: VEHICLE STABILITY CONTROL (VSC) CANCELLED DUE TO ENGINE CONTROL MODULE FAILURE.
Description of DTC code C1201
Modern vehicle manufacturers have installed various Engine Control Units (ECU) in their vehicles to achieve a better driving quality. Each ECU has its self-diagnostic system with which it can communicate with another unit in a network, such as the CAN bus.
If one of these control units shows a malfunction or error, a fault code will be stored in its memory. Along with this code, some functions of that unit may also be affected or certain warning lights may illuminate.
When the DTC C1201 OBD2 code is set, it is because a malfunction was found in the chassis control system. It could be the ABS (Antilock Braking System) or ESC (Electronic Stability Control). For this code, the failure and the place of the same are defined by the manufacturer.
Symptoms of fault code C1201
- Check Engine light ON.
- The Anti-lock wheel system and the Electronic Stability Control System have an unstable operation.
Causes of OBD2 C1201
The reasons for the C1201 OBDII fault code setting are:
- There may be water in the Wheel Speed Sensor
- The reluctor ring of the wheel speed sensor may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1201
The steps to solve the C1201 OBD2 diagnostic code are:
- As a first step, we recommend that you look for the vehicle's source of information to know the Technical Service Bulletins provided by the manufacturer.
- In the case of Ford vehicles, it is necessary to check the good condition of the ABS module wiring and the ABS actuator. If you discover common damage due to wear, corrosion or burns, make the necessary repairs or changes.
- Chevrolet and Mitsubishi manufacturers recommend inspecting the wheel speed sensor Check these components are in good condition for the proper performance of the sensor and its circuitry.
- For Toyota vehicles, a scan is required to check for other fault codes. On these vehicles, the C1201 code is automatically cleared once the ECM is not faulty.