C1200 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1200 Code failures by brands
C1200 FORD, LINCOLN, MERCURY: ABS FRONT LEFT ISOLATION VALVE SHORT TO BATTERY
Description of DTC code C1200
When the vehicle stops unexpectedly, one or more wheels may lock up. In this case, the wheel speed sensors the ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) so that it takes care of the problem. To solve this problem, the ABS shuts off the brake fluid to the wheel with the inlet coil or valve. In turn, the pressure is released by an outlet valve or coil. The left front ABS inlet coil valve is usually found on all four wheels of the vehicles that have this system.
The electrical circuit of the coil is checked by the ABS module once the key is turned on. If a malfunction occurs in the coil or its circuit, the module will report the network the existence of the problem through the CAN bus network to alert the situation.
When the DTC C1200 OBDII code is set, it is due to the left front valve circuit have a much lower battery voltage than expected, so it may cause a short.
Symptoms of fault code C1200
- Check Engine light is on.
- The Anti-lock wheel system light remains on.
Causes of OBD2 C1200
The reasons for storing the C1200 OBD2 fault code are:
- The left front inlet valve may have damage to its wires or connectors.
- The ABS module may have deficiencies in its electrical connections.
- The left front inlet valve may be defective.
- Possibly, the control module of the Anti-lock wheel system is damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1200
These are the steps to solve the C1200 OBDII diagnostic code:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Check all electrical components that are related to the left front inlet valve circuit. Look for damage from burns, wear or corrosion and if necessary, make repairs or replacements.
- Make voltage checks of the valve circuit, as well as the ABS module connections. These values should match those indicated by the manufacturer in their specifications, and if you discover inconsistent voltages, make the necessary corrections.