C1175 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1175 Code failures by brands
C1175 LINCOLN, FORD, MERCURY: LEFT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR INPUT CIRCUIT FAILURE
Description of DTC code C1175
The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Module receives some electrical readings from the Wheel Speed Sensors, whereby it is informed of the speed of each wheel. Consequently, the module determines if the ABS needs to be activated. To perform its functions, the Wheel Speed Sensor detects a magnetic field when the slip ring passes in front of the sensor. Corresponding voltages are supplied from the ABS Module to the Wheel Speed Sensors.
Wheel Speed Sensors are continually checked for correct operation. If a fault is detected in one of these sensors, a DTC code is set to warn of the situation. In the case of code C1175, it is used to indicate that the left rear wheel speed sensor has experienced a malfunction in its input circuit.
Symptoms of fault code C1175
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The ABS warning light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 C1175
Reasons to set the C1175 OBD2 diagnostic code :
- The left rear wheel speed sensor may have damage to its wiring.
- The Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor input circuit may be faulty in its connections.
- Possibly the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor has shortcomings.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1175
To troubleshoot the C1175 OBDII fault code, try this:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor wiring. Check these components for deficiencies due to burns or wear. Repair as required.
- Use the appropriate tools and take a reading of the left rear wheel speed sensor voltages. Compare the actual voltages with the manufacturer's specifications. If you discover big differences, make the appropriate corrections.
- Check the condition of the left rear wheel speed sensor, use the manufacturer's recommendations as a guide. If you discover damage to the sensor after testing, consider replacing it.