C1143 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1143 Code failures by brands
C1143 NISSAN, INFINITI: STEERING ANGLE SENSOR CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code C1143
The Steering Angle Sensor is installed on the rear of the steering wheel. The function of this device is to detect the amount of rotation, angular velocity and direction of the steering wheel, and then transmit this data to the ABS Actuator and the Electrical Unit or Control Unit via Control Area Network (CAN) communication.
C1143 OBD2 fault code is set when there is a malfunction on the part of the Steering Angle Sensor, a condition in which the neutral position of the sensor is dislocated.
Symptoms of fault code C1143
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) warning light illuminates.
Causes of OBD2 C1143
The reasons for storing DTC C1143 OBDII code are:
- Steering Angle Sensor wires could have damage.
- Steering Angle Sensor circuit connections could be in poor condition.
- Steering Angle Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1143
To troubleshoot diagnostic code C1143 OBD2 you must do the following:
- Consult as a first step the TSB.
- Check the cables related to the Steering Angle Sensor circuit and verify that they are in optimal conditions for a good performance of the circuit. If you discover deficiencies due to corrosion or wear, proceed with the necessary repairs.
- Using the appropriate tools, check that the Steering Angle Sensor circuit voltages are within the established range. If you find voltages that indicate a short or open circuit, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Verify the Steering Angle Sensor is in good condition by following the manufacturer's diagnostic steps in the service manual. If you determine that the sensor has deficiencies, proceed with the applicable corrections.