C1142 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C1142 Code failures by brands
C1142 INFINITI, NISSAN: BRAKE FLUID PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code C1142
The Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor has the function of converting brake fluid pressure into a voltage signal, which is sent to the ABS Actuator (Anti-Lock Brake System) and Electrical Unit (Control Unit). Both the actuator and the control unit are responsible for controlling the sensor.
DTC C1142 OBDII code is set when a fault is detected in the Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor circuit. Specifically, the code indicates that the sensor signal line is open or shorted, or the sensor is not functioning properly (2WD models).
Symptoms of fault code C1142
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- ABS warning lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C1142
The reasons for the C1142 OBD2 diagnostic code being set are:
- Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor wiring or connections may be damaged.
- The Brake Fluid Pressure Sensors may be in poor condition.
- The Stop Light Switch could be in bad condition.
- The ABS Actuator or Electrical Unit may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1142
To troubleshoot the C1142 OBDII fault code you must do the following:
- As a first step consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect the connections and wiring of the Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor Check these components for damage caused by wear or burns. If any of the above conditions are found, proceed with repairs.
- Measure the Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor circuit voltages and compare them to the manufacturer's specifications. If deficient voltages are detected, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Following the manufacturer's recommendations, check the Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor and Stop Light Switch for proper condition. If, after testing these components, you detect deficiencies, proceed with the appropriate corrections.