C1109 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code C1109 Generic
ABS (Anti-Lock Brake System) is a system used to prevent wheel lock-up while the brakes are applied. The ABS has an Actuator and an Electrical Unit that constantly checks the proper functioning of the system. If conditions indicating possible wheel locking are found, the braking pressure applied to the wheel is adjusted and locking is prevented.
The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Module Actuator, and the Electrical Unit or Control Unit monitor the power supplies. If after such checks they discover that the ABS Module power supply voltage is lower than allowed, the fault code C1109 OBD2 will be set.
Symptoms of fault code C1109 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Illumination of light warning of Anti-Lock Brake System
Causes of OBD2 C1109 Generic
The reasons for the C1109 OBDII diagnostic code being stored are:
- Battery voltage may be low.
- ABS Module wiring may be damaged.
- ABS Module electrical connections or fuse may be bad.
- The ABS Actuator or Electrical Unit could have deficiencies.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1109 Generic
In order to resolve the DTC C1109 OBD2 code you must do the following:
- As a first step consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Verify that the battery voltage is adequate for the correct electrical performance of the ABS. If less than adequate voltage is found, check for damage to the battery or battery connections. Correct as required.
- Inspect the ABS Module cables and connectors for damage due to wear or burns. If any of these conditions are found, proceed with repairs as required.
- Performs electrical tests on the ABS Actuator or Electrical Unit Verify that the voltages of these components are within the proper parameters. If deficiencies are detected, check for bad connections or blown fuses. Repair it as applicable.