C1100 - ABS PUMP SWITCH CIRCUIT FAILURE
Description of DTC code C1100
When there is an unexpected stop, one or more wheels may lock up. In this case, the ABS system takes action based on the information sent by the wheel speed sensors. These sensors indicate the wheels are slowing down quickly, so the ABS system closes the brake fluid flow to the wheel through the inlet valve or coil. In this way, the pressure is released through the output coil.
The ABS pump is in charge of reloading the brake fluid. The ABS pump switch notifies the ABS Control Module when the pump is operating and when to turn the pump on according to the assembler's application. The ABS pump switch is usually included only on cars that have 4-wheel anti-lock brakes. Frequently, the system performs self-tests to ensure the switch circuit works properly each time the ignition switch is activated.
When the C1100 OBDII fault code is set, it is because the control module detects the ABS pump switch wiring is damaged, causing the circuit to malfunction. Specifically, this code shows the BMC cannot check the ABS pump switch for proper operation once the ignition switch has been activated.
Symptoms of fault code C1100
- The Check Engine lamp turns on.
- ABS warning light is on.
Causes of OBD2 C1100
These are the reasons for setting the DTC code C1100 OBD2:
- The ABS pump wiring may have defects that cause an open or short circuit.
- The ABS Control Module may have intermittent electrical connections.
- Possibly, the ABS Module is damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C1100
To troubleshoot the C1100 OBDII diagnostic code, you must do this:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Make a thorough inspection of the wiring that is related to the ABS If the wires have damage such as wear, corrosion, or burns, the circuit may be malfunctioning. Make any necessary corrections.
- Check the ABS Module connections are performing right. Repair any deficiencies in the cables or connectors.
- Consult the vehicle's information source for some advanced diagnostic steps for the ABS Control Module, and check the ABS Control Module is working properly.