C0561 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C0561 Code failures by brands
C0561 GMC, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, BUICK: SYSTEM DISABLED INFORMATION
Description of DTC code C0561
The Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) rgets serial data signals from the BCM (Body Control Module), ECM (Engine Control Module), TCM (Transmission Control Module), and IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster), which are necessary to perform Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES) or Traction Control System (TCS) functions.
When the C0561 OBDII fault code is stored, it doesn't mean that there's a signal problem in the EBCM. Instead, it indicates that the BCM, ECM, IPC and TCM need to be checked in order to find a potencial fault.
Symptoms of fault code C0561
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- ABS warning light illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C0561
OBD2 C0561 code diagnostic is set by the following:
- Storage of other DTCs produces code C0561.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0561
In order to fix DTC C0561 OBDII code, consider the following advices:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- The C0561 code does not indicate EBCM problems, so by using a scan tool you must obtain all the stored codes. Diagnose them in the order shown.