C0300 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C0300 Code failures by brands
C0300 BUICK, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GCM, OLDSMOBILE: REAR PROPSHAFT SPEED SENSOR
Description of DTC code C0300
The rear driveshaft speed sensor is a permanent magnet (PM) generator device. This PM generator produces a pulsating AC voltage. The voltage and the number of pulses tend to rise as the speed increases. The Module converts the pulsating AC voltage into a propeller shaft RPM, which performs various calculations. The RPM of the propeller shaft can be displayed by an automotive scanner.
The Diagnostic code C0300 OBD2 is set when a malfunction is detected in the Rear Drive Shaft Speed Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code C0300
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The ABS warning lamp turns on.
Causes of OBD2 C0300
The C0300 OBDII fault code C0300 is set for the following reasons:
- The rear driveshaft speed sensor cables may be in poor condition.
- The rear driveshaft speed sensor circuit connections may be damaged.
- The rear driveshaft speed sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0300
To troubleshoot DTC C0300 OBD2, follow these suggestions:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Inspect the wiring associated with the Rear Drive Shaft Speed Sensor. Check these for common damage caused by wear or corrosion. Fix if necessary.
- Perform electronic checks on the Rear Drive Shaft Speed Sensor Compare actual voltages to those specified in the manufacturer's data source. If deficient voltages are detected, make the appropriate repairs.