C0215 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C0215 Code failures by brands
C0215 LEXUS, SCION, TOYOTA: LEFT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C0215
The Speed Sensor detects the speed of the wheels. This data is transmitted to the corresponding ECU, which uses it to control the ABS system. Each sensor has splined rotors, so as the rotor rotates, the magnetic field produced by the sensor's magnet varies. The frequency of this AC voltage changes as a direct function of rotor speed. This frequency is used by the ECU to detect the speed of each wheel.
Storing DTC C0215 OBD2 occurs when a fault is discovered by the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code C0215
- Check Engine Lamp ON.
- ABS warning light ON.
Causes of OBD2 C0215
The OBDII fault code C0215 is set for these reasons:
- The Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor wiring or connections may be bad.
- The installation of the Left Rear Speed Sensor or the sensor in question may be faulty.
- Possible damage to the slip control ECU (Brake Actuator).
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0215
To troubleshoot the C0215 OBD2 diagnostic code, follow these steps:
- Check for damage to the wires, connectors, and connections in the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor If you discover common deficiencies, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Check the integrity of the left rear wheel speed sensor and its installation. To do this, follow the manufacturer's diagnostic steps. If you find inconsistencies, make the appropriate corrections.