C0210 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
C0210 Code failures by brands
C0210 TOYOTA, LEXUS, SCION: RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C0210
The wheel speed sensors are controlled by the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module), which sends a power-on signal to them. The sensors have a reluctor ring that interrupts a magnetic field, which indicates the rotational speed of the wheel through some pulses.
Storing diagnostic code C0210 OBDII indicates that a malfunction was detected in the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor signal.
Symptoms of fault code C0210
- Check Engine light ON.
- ABS warning light ON.
Causes of OBD2 C0210
Reasons for storing the C0210 OBD2 fault code:
- The Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor cables may be faulty.
- The Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor circuit may have damaged connections.
- Possibly the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor is in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0210
To troubleshoot the DTC C0210 OBDII code, follow these steps:
- Check the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor wiring for conditions created by burns or wear. If you find any damage, make the necessary repairs.
- Check the integrity of the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor circuit connections. If you detect high levels of corrosion or other conditions, adjust accordingly.
- Verify that the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor meets factory specifications. To do this, follow the manufacturer's diagnostic steps, and if determined to be defective, replace it.