C0205 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code C0205 Generic
The speed sensor is able to detect the velocity of the wheels and send corresponding data to the ECU. This information is used to control the ABS. Each sensor has front and rear rotors of 48 splines each. As the rotors begin to rotate, the magnetic force field produced by a magnet in the sensor produces an alternating voltage. As the rate of this AC voltage changes with rotor speed, the ECU uses the pulse rate to determine the velocity of each wheel.
When the DTC code C0205 OBDII is stored, it means that a problem was detected with the signal provided by the Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code C0205 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- ABS warning light illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C0205 Generic
OBD2 C0205 fault code is stored for the following:
- Left Front Speed Sensor wires may be in poor condition.
- The Left Front Speed Sensor or its installation may be faulty.
- Left front Speed Sensor harness is open or short-circuited.
- The Brake Actuator (Slip Control ECU) could be in a bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0205 Generic
In order to troubleshoot the C0205 OBDII diagnostic code, you must do the following:
- As a first step, you should consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check all the wiring of the Left Front Speed Sensor in order to find damage caused by burns or wear. Also, inspect the sensor installation for any deficiencies. Make any necessary corrections.
- Measure the Left Front Speed Sensor circuit voltages and check if they are within the parameters indicated in the service manual. If you detect out-of-range values, check that it is not due to deficiencies in the connections. Correct it as required.
- Check that the left front wheel speed sensor meets factory specifications. If damage is found, consider replacing it.