C0200 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code C0200 Generic
Wheel speed sensors are electrical devices whose purpose is to measure the rotational speed of the wheels, and then send this information to a control unit, employing this data can regulate the operation of the braking system. These sensors are equipped with a rotor with alternating magnetic poles and a magnetic field that changes according to the rotation of the rotors. The sensors can detect magnetic changes and as a result, produce an impulse signal.
When the C0200 OBDII fault code is set, it is because an irregular operation was detected by the right front wheel speed sensor.
Symptoms of fault code C0200 Generic
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- ABS warning light illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 C0200 Generic
The C0200 OBD2 diagnostic code is stored for the following:
- Right Front Speed Sensor circuit wiring or connections may be faulty.
- The right front speed sensor may be in poor condition.
- The Slip Control ECU (Brake Actuator) could be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0200 Generic
In order to troubleshoot the DTC C0200 OBDII code, consider the following:
- Consult the TSB.
- Verify that there is no damage due to wear or burns in the wiring of the right front speed sensor. Likewise, check that the installation of this sensor is correct. Correct as required.
- Check that the Right Front Speed Sensor circuit voltages are within the parameters indicated by the manufacturer. If out-of-range voltages are detected, make sure it is not due to poor connections. Repair it as necessary.
- Following the manufacturer's guidelines, check the integrity of the Right Front Speed Sensor. If you determine that it is defective, consider replacing it.