C0110 - PUMP MOTOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C0110
The pump motor is a vital component of the BPMV (Brake Pressure Modulator Valve), and the motor relay is an integral part of the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module). This relay is not activated while the system is operating normally, but relay operation is required when activating the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) or Traction Control System (TCS).
When the EBCM grounds the pump motor relay, it closes and battery voltage is sent to the motor, only as long as the valve relay is closed. The control module senses the voltage being applied to the pump motor to check for proper motor performance
If the EBCM detects positive battery voltage when the motor relay is not active, or if the EBCM does not detect positive battery voltage after relay activation, diagnostic code C0110 OBDII will be set.
Symptoms of fault code C0110
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Unable to activate the Anti-Lock Brake System.
- The ABS warning light stays on.
Causes of OBD2 C0110
The reasons for storing the C0110 OBD2 fault code are:
- The wiring from the pump motor connector to the motor may have been damaged.
- The pump motor connector may have a corroded or bad terminal.
- There could be damaged pins on the Electronic Brake Control Module
- The Anti-Lock Brake System could have wires with certain deficiencies.
- Chassis ground resistance could be excessive.
- EBCM may have been damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0110
The steps to follow to correct the DTC C0110 OBDII code are:
- As a first diagnostic step, it is recommended to consult the TSBs.
- Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connectors that are related to the pump motor, the Anti-Lock Brake System, and the Electronic Brake Control Module. If common damage is discovered on any of these, make repairs or replacements as necessary.
- Perform voltage checks on all components that relate to this code, including the EBCM. The values you obtain should match those specified by the manufacturer and if you discover wide differences, correct them as applicable.