C0035 - LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code C0035
The Wheel Speed Sensors (WSS) receive an ignition voltage from the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module). On the other hand, they deliver a DC square wave signal to the module. As the wheel rotates, the signal produced by the sensor is used by the EBCM to calculate the wheel speed.
A Wheel Speed Sensor is defined as a hall effect type sensor, which is equipped with a reluctor wheel or ring. As the ring moves, the teeth of the ring interrupt the magnetic field, creating pulses that are sent to the control module. These pulses are interpreted as speed.
When the DTC C0035 OBDII code is set, it is because the Left Front Wheel Sensor malfunctioned. The reason is that the actual operating values do not match those set by the manufacturer.
Symptoms of fault code C0035
- Check Engine light ON.
- The anti-lock wheel system illuminates its warning light on the dashboard.
- The vehicle speed displayed on the dashboard is inconsistent.
- You will experience shocks on the brake pedal slightly.
Causes of OBD2 C0035
Reasons to set the C0035 OBD2 fault code C0035:
- The left front wheel sensor wiring may have corrosion or burn damage.
- The electrical connections of the Wheel Speed Sensor may be faulty causing a short or open circuit.
- Possibly the left front wheel sensor is faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0035
The steps to troubleshoot the C0035 OBDII diagnostic code are as follows:
- See TSBs.
- Check the respective connectors, wires, and circuit connections of the Wheel Speed Sensor. If you discover inconsistencies due to factors such as an excessive temperature that cause burning or wear, make the appropriate repairs.
- Measure the electrical values of the left front wheel sensor circuit. Verify that these voltages are within the range determined by the manufacturer in their specifications. Otherwise, make the necessary repairs.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to perform an advanced diagnostic of the left front wheel sensor. If this check determines that the sensor is faulty, replace it.