C0034 - RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR
Description of DTC code C0034
Wheel Speed Sensors are devices that measure the speed of the wheels and thus, verify if there is any risk of wheel lock-up. These sensors produce a voltage signal based on that created by a magnetic field, and then send it to a corresponding controller
The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Module monitors the Speed Sensor for the right front wheel for faults. If the irregular performance of this sensor is found, the diagnostic code C0034 OBD2 will be stored.
Symptoms of fault code C0034
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- ABS warning light on.
Causes of OBD2 C0034
DTC C0034 OBDII is set by the following:
- Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor wiring may be faulty.
- Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor circuit connections could be in poor condition.
- The Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor could be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code C0034
In order to correct the C0034 OBD2 fault code consider the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor wiring and circuit connectors for common damage. Repair or replace it as necessary.
- Measure the Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor circuit voltages and check to see if the voltages are within ranges considered acceptable. If you detect out-of-range voltages, verify that it is not caused by bad connections. Correct it as required.
- Check that the Wheel Speed Sensor for the right front wheel is not defective. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations and if you determine that the sensor is faulty, consider replacing it.