B2710 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B2710 Code failures by brands
B2710 GMC, CADILLAC, BUICK, CHEVROLET: OPEN KEY PELLET
Description of DTC code B2710
After inserting the ignition key into the ignition, the resistance of the key pellet is measured. The resistance value obtained is then compared to a value previously stored in the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) memory.
In case that after such comparison a resistance value is detected that is interpreted as open or null before obtaining a valid resistance, the diagnostic code B2710 OBD2 will be stored.
Symptoms of fault code B2710
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- The vehicle starts disabled.
- The driver's menu center prompts to remove the ignition key.
Causes of OBD2 B2710
The reasons for the B2710 OBDII fault code setting are:
- The ignition key may have been damaged.
- The steering column lock cylinder could be in poor condition.
- The instrument panel could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B2710
The steps to follow to correct the DTC B2710 OBD2 code are:
- To start the diagnosis consult the TSB.
- Using a scan tool you must check if other codes that indicate faults in the IPC are stored next to the DTC B2710. If so, diagnose the codes in the order obtained.
- Inspect the ignition key and verify that the key is not faulty. Follow the recommendations outlined in the manufacturer's information source. Correct it as applicable.
- Verify the integrity of the steering column locking cylinder, taking into consideration the manufacturer's recommendations. If damage is found, proceed with corrections as required.